Table of Content for Ways to Generate Leads with Social Media
- What are Leads & Lead Generation?
- Why Lead Generation is Important?
- What are the Lead Conversion and Lead Conversion Rate?
- How to use Social Media to Generate new Sales Leads?
- 12 Effective Ways to Generate Leads with Social Media?
- What are the Top Social Marketing Channel?
- What are the Benefits of Social Media for Lead Generation?
Increasing brand awareness and traffic is all we desire for. But ultimately what matters the most…
Is making profit and revenue for our business.
There are endless options to increase profit and revenue. But the best one is a lead generation with social media marketing for Social Media Lead Generation.
Social media is not a word, its a world in itself.
When we talk about social media marketing, there are various social platforms to target audience.
Most of the marketers think social media platform is used only for brand awareness and for creating traffic. But the fact is it can not only create awareness and traffic. But social media can be used to stack up leads for your business.
Therefore, social media marketing strategies are equally important as any other strategy.
What are the Leads & Lead Generation?
Leads are nothing but the potential customers who have shown some interest in your product or services.
A process of engaging and converting strangers and prospects into someone who has expressed interest in your company’s product or service.
Leads generated can be achieved through job applications, blog posts, coupons, live events, online content, and social media.
For a profitable business, it’s important to generate leads. There are various ways for social media lead generation and it is also cost-effective.
- Social media marketing has reduced costs for 45% of businesses.
- Revenue increased by 24% of businesses when they utilized social media for lead generation.
Why Lead Generation is Important?
By generating leads, the companies can increase their profit by 70 to 90%. And with lead generation companies can also increase site traffic and sales. Therefore, lead generation is an essential part of the company.
But many of the companies are still struggling for lead generation. As nowadays buyers don’t prefer the traditional method of purchase. Therefore accepting new tactics of marketing becomes necessary for lead generation. Through job applications, blog posts, coupons, live events, online content, and social media it is easy to generate leads. [Know how to generate leads in our complete guide.]
What are the Lead Conversion and Lead Conversion Rate?
Lead conversion is the process of converting a lead into an account, contact or an opportunity.
The Lead Conversion Rate
Across industries, the average landing page conversion rate was 2.35%, yet the top 25% are converting at 5.31% or higher. Ideally, you want to break into the top 10% — these are the landing pages with conversion rates of 11.45% or higher. [Know how the ways to increase lead conversion in our blog Top Lead Conversion Strategies.]
How to use Social Media to Generate New Sales Leads?
For everyone, social media is a platform where they can see their family and friends. But social media is beyond it. Through social media, it is easy to generate leads and convert them into a sales lead.
Nowadays many companies started investing in social media Lead Generation strategies. The companies using social media marketing tactics see an increase in site traffic and revenue. In the below image you can see what importance social media hold for your business.
“Social media marketing is about identifying the essence of engagement.”
– Edgerank Checker
image credit- LYFE MARKETING
12 Effective Ways to Generate Leads with Social Media
1. Use of Social Media Advertising
Social media advertising is advertising on a social platform that relies on social information or networks in generating, targeting and delivering marketing communications. It is a social media marketing strategy designed to connect audience.
Here are some social media stats which will help you to understand why social media advertising is a must for lead generation.
- Social media has a much higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing
- 23% of Internet users spend most of their time on social networks & blogs
- Social media has experienced a 365% increase in growth since 2006
- Marketing costs decreased by 45% for companies using social media
- 24% of companies using social media experienced revenue increases
Stats info-POST PLANNER
For lead generation, social media advertising is a valuable tool as it can create a lead for your business. You can provide product detail to a vast audience at the same time.
2. Promote Gated Content
Marketers promote gated content on social media for lead generation. These contents can include product detail, customer FAQs, tutorials, rating, and reviews. By providing valuable information and in exchange ask them to fill a form. In this way, it’s easy to store valuable data about the leads.
The form may contain detail like name, email address, industry, and other contact detail. Try to use images, videos, gif, and stats to make your content more valuable.
Leads take only a few seconds to decide whether they want to read your content or not. So, try to keep your landing pages simple and easy. The headings you use should be eye catchy and should attract your target audience. The content can be a variety of content marketing assets such as white papers, videos, ebooks, infographic, blogs, product demos, or case studies. The following figure shows the assets of content marketing.
The strength of your social media is determined
by the depth of your content.
– HAROON RASHID
3. Video Marketing
For lead generation using Google hangouts and live video is nowadays considered beneficial.
The two approaches for lead generation with the webinar, live video and hangouts are listed below.
In this, we present the video as gated content and ask the users to register themselves by providing their contact information.
Open the video up to a wide audience and generate a lead from that audience. During the video, redirect the users to other landing pages of your website.
Here you will find users who are genuinely interested in your product or services. So, it’s easy to generate leads and increase revenue.
Conversion Rate of Videos
- Youtube video consumption increases each year by 100%.
- Landing page including a video increase conversion by 80%.
- Videos in an email increase click-through rate by 300%.
- 96% of B2B use video in their marketing campaigns.
- 50% look for more information after watching a video.
- 64% are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video.
- 90% of users say that video is helpful for them in deciding whether to purchase a product or not.
stats info- designated pa
4. Engage in Social Selling
Social selling is the process to stack up to the relationship as part of the sales process. Social selling refers to establishing meaningful interaction between the salesperson and individual prospects. The goal of social selling is to nurture the leads towards a purchase through one on one interaction.
Social Marketing social selling can be easily used to generate leads as the number of social media users climbs every day. In social selling, you need to stay active, share valuable information and you need to be able to resolve the queries of the audience.
The core principles of social selling are listed below.
- Identify your prospects
- Pick the right platform and tool
- Use the right amount of automation
- Make your brand valuable
- Keep track of what your leads are sharing
5. Use Targeted Social Media Listening
Social media listening is like keeping an eye on the world to understand what’s happening in your industry, who talks about you and your competitors online.
- It’s easy to track your potential leads who are looking to engage with your business.
- Using social media listening monitoring keywords and how to handle business becomes easy.
- It’s easy to understand user behavior towards your products and services.
- Establishes a relationship with your potential leads to business growth.
6. Run Contests
It’s easy to gain the attention of users by running a contest. The contest needs to be valuable enough, for the users. It needs to be useful enough for the users who have a higher potential to become your customers.
If the prize is not good, no one will show interest to enter in your contest. The contest will enable you to gather user information but no qualified leads.
As a prize, you can give your users an extended trial of your products or services.
All these prizes will be genuinely valuable to the users who are interested in your products or services. So there are more chances to generate more qualified leads.
Here are some of the ways to enable users to enter a contest for a Social Media Lead Generation.
Enter the Contest by Retweeting/Sharing/Linking/Following:
These contests are easy for the users. So, there will be a large number of entrances. But in this way, you can collect information which is already on social media channels. Therefore for a lead generation, it is not a great option. And if you regularly ask for links, share or any other stuff. Then there is a chance for spams. As a result, it can reduce your news feed distribution.
Clicking through a Landing Page:
This contest involves more step so you will get a fewer entrance. But here you can turn your contest entrants into qualified leads by asking them to fill a form.
7. Special Offers
Everyone Loves offers, so try to provide special offers on a social media platform. The strategy of special offers to your customers to increase revenue always works for any business. The term special offers always attract the users and users prefer to share these type of campaigns. And at this stage, you can ask the user to fill an entry form. The entry form will help you to capture users information. And it also increases the opportunity to convert the leads into customers.
8. Discount Codes
Through discount codes, it’s easy to enhance brand awareness and generate leads as it provides a niche to your customers.
Benefits of using Discount Codes
- Using discount codes its easy to create scarcity among users towards the brands/products.
- Using discount coupons the companies efficiently generate leads as users always find discount coupons fetching.
- Coupons increase brand awareness. Discount coupons enable users to purchase branded products at a low price and their knowledge of brand increases.
- Increases sales and revenue for your business.
Therefore, using lead generation discount codes is always a great choice.
9. Use Geotargeted Search
Geo-targeted helps you to target your specific audience through paid search campaigns. Geo-targeting is a must-have strategy if your company wants to generate leads in a particular location.
10. Refer a Friend
Referral strategy is a method used for promoting products and services to a new customer.
Referral strategy is one of the best ways for social media lead generation.
For example, suppose you want to buy a hair straightener. What will you do then? You will search on the internet ask your family and friends for recommendations. What you prefer recommendations from the internet or from the person you trust more. The answer is an obvious recommendation from the person you know has a higher priority. Therefore, the referral strategy always works for business.
“When you interact with customers on a one-to-one basis on social media, it makes them more loyal. Loyal customers spend more with you, stay with you longer and tell their friends about you.”
– Dan Gingiss
Ways to Increase the number of Referrals for your Business
11. Polls & Surveys
It’s always good to ask then just assuming.
Don’t just assume ask your audience about their likes and dislikes then perform accordingly to their requirements. It’s easy to achieve using polls and surveys. To better understand your audience try to conduct as many as possible polls and surveys. You will be able to generate leads for your business once you start to understand your audience. And through this, it’s easy to increase the trust of your audience towards your business.
12. Facebook Custom Tabs
Facebook custom tabs are used to highlight contests and offers for lead generation on social media. These tabs are menu items that appear in the left column of the Facebook page.
What are the Top Social Marketing Channel?
There are various social media channels. So, you must be in a dilemma that which social media platform will be beneficial for your B2B business.
Social media platforms are ideal for lead generation, enhancing brand awareness and increasing site traffic. Here are some top social media channels which you can use to grow your business.
Facebook was created to connect people. But nowadays, Facebook is more than connecting friends and family. Using Facebook, many companies have recorded a significant rise in revenue from 49% year on year growth to about $10.14 billion.
Business and marketers can also create their facebook page to connect with their users. On June 30, 2018, it has recorded that Facebook has 2.23 billion monthly active users worldwide. Therefore, it increases the chance to reach the target audience.
What Marketers say about Facebook
- Out of every 7 minutes, users spent 1 minute on Facebook.
- 42% of marketers say Facebook is critical to their business.
- 23% of Facebook users check their account more than five times per day.
- 52% of business having Facebook account saw an increase in customers.
- 71% of industries use Facebook for business purpose.
- 41% of B2B companies on Facebook report lead generation.
Conversion Rates of Facebook for Business and Brands
- 32% of Facebook users engage with brands regularly. (Selfstartr)
- Facebook pages have over 2.5 billion comments. (Forbes)
- 50% of Facebook users access it more than once a day. (Invesp)
- In the first 5 hours, post engagement rate on Facebook is 75%. (Invesp)
- Facebook posts with less than 250 characters receive 60% more engagement. (Invesp)
- 87% of a Facebook Page engagement happens on photo posts. (Invesp)
- Posts with photos have 179% engagement. (Adespresso)
Business Conversion Rate for Desktop and Mobile Users on Facebook
- Facebook’s ad revenue is predicted to reach 42.39 billion U.S. dollars by 2019, up from 3.15 billion U.S. dollars in 2013. (Statista)
- 89% of Facebook’s ad revenue comes from mobile ads. (PR Newswire)
- Facebook estimated that 75% of total mobile data traffic by 2020 would be from mobile (Facebook)
Business Conversion Rate using Facebook
- Over 5 million businesses are advertising on Facebook. (Business Insider)
- 93% of marketers use Facebook ads. (Sprout Social)
- 78% of marketers are satisfied with their Facebook ads. (Contently)
- 56% of B2C marketers said that Facebook ads helped them generate revenue. (MarketingProfs)
- Across all industries, the average click-through rate (CTR) in Facebook ads is .90%. (Wordstream)
- 26% of Facebook users that clicked on ads reported making purchases. (Spark Central)
Instagram is a great option for enhancing business. Using Instagram your business will be capable of producing lead and revenue. The conversion rate from Instagram is listed below.
- Over 25 million business profiles using Instagram from 15 million in July of 2017.
- Instagram has 2 million monthly active advertisers up from 1 million in March of 2017.
- 60% of the top brands on Instagram use the same filter for every post.
- Over 80% of accounts on Instagram follow a business, and over 200 million Instagrammers actively a business profile every day.
- By 2019, Instagram ad revenue will reach over $10 billion. (Drum)
- This year, 70.7% of U.S. companies will use Instagram for marketing, edging out Twitter for the first time.
- 50% of Instagram users follow at least one business.
- 60% of users say that they have learned about a product or service on the platform.
LinkedIn is one of the most popular social media platforms. It has more than 500 million active users. You know only 46% of social media traffic comes from LinkedIn.
Conversion Rate of LinkedIn for B2B
- 80% of B2B leads come from LinkedIn.
- 45% of marketers acquired a customer through LinkedIn.
- 92% of B2B marketers leverage LinkedIn over other social media platforms.
- 79% of B2B marketers find LinkedIn useful for lead generation.
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content.
- 40% of buyers find LinkedIn recommendation valuable before purchasing a product or service.
- 82% of industries use LinkedIn for business purpose.
- 71% of B2B marketers say LinkedIn is part of their advertising strategy.
- 38% of B2B marketers say LinkedIn is generating revenue for them.
Conversion Rate of LinkedIn forContent Marketing
- LinkedIn SlideShare reaches 70 million users in a month.
- The LinkedIn site is among the top 100 most visited websites in the month.
Twitter has 336 million monthly active users worldwide in the first quarter of 2018. It is one of the biggest social networks in the world.
Conversion Rates of Twitter
Youtube has over 1.8 billion monthly active users in May 2018. Through Youtube, it is easy to generate leads. Customers nowadays prefer to watch a video more. Even many users like to watch a video before buying any product or service.
- 77% of businesses use youtube for marketing purpose.
- 66% of internet marketing utilize video to reach their audience.
There are over 250 million monthly active users of Pinterest in September 2018. And the number of Pinterest users from the US is 125 million.
- Pinterest is the third most popular social network for traffic generation in the United States.
- Pinterest accounts for 3.6% of all referral traffic.
- There has been a 145% increase in users since 2012.
What are the Benefits of Social Media Lead Generation?
Social media has always seen as a powerful tool for promoting products and services.
Social media platform helps to stack up trust and awareness about your business. Through the use of social media, it’s easy to advertise product and services to the right audience.
Social media enables you to target audience, enhance brand awareness, increases trust and stack up relationships.
In this blog, I have covered all topic related to lead generation with social media. This blog describes the benefits of lead generation for any business. And why should industries need to adopt it? This blog will help you to distinguish between various social media platform and guides you which platform suits your business.
Please comment if you like this blog.