In this digital era, it’s important to stay aware of the stuff happening in the world. Which is possible by staying socially active.
From the last few years, it has been noticed that social media is not only used for communication purpose but, now it has been started using for marketing objectives also.
|Do you know the number of social media monthly active users is expected to reach 3.02 billion by 2021?|
The above stats simply shows how important is to stay active on social media platforms.
After collecting the data of your customers from social media profile of yours, you can analyze what factors in social media marketing you need to focus on.
As it’s the time of the holiday shopping season make your eCommerce business development strategy by analyzing your previous year customer data.
To drive sale on the occasion of the holiday season there are a number of marketing platforms such as email marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
Therefore, this year make your holiday marketing campaign after reading our blog on social media objectives for eCommerce business.
The 6 Objectives of Social Media that all eCommerce Marketers should be aware of
1. Increase Brand Awareness
By creating brand awareness, you are making your own position in eCommerce business. Google Adwords is one of the platforms through which you can reach the right audience at the right time.
Through a blog post, it’s also easy to create brand awareness. To understand why there is a need to invest in content marketing look at the following image.
By enhancing brand awareness you are helping your customers to recognize your product and services from your competitors.
If you increase brand awareness it will ultimately help your business in increasing customer loyalty towards your products and services.
By creating brand awareness on social media you can determine which product or services are bringing more revenue to your business.
The brand awareness can be achieved by
- Creating quality content
- Identifying your target audience
- By creating a sense of urgency in the mind of the audience towards brands by including offers like coupons, free shipping in emails.
- Providing personalized experience to the customers
- By staying socially active on all social media platforms
2. Build your Audience
To build your audience on social media you first need to know-
- What is your target audience?
- To which content they relate the most?
- In which product or service they have interest?
One of the simplest ways to increase customer outreach is through social media.
|Around 70% of the North America population has at least one social account. Therefore using social media channels, marketers can easily increase their outreach.|
But to increase your outreach you need to make sure that your website is optimized for mobile devices and desktop.
As an eCommerce marketer, you just need to determine which social media channel is contributing the best in building audience for your business.
Look at the following image to figure out which social media channel contributes the most for lead generation
Note- The above statistics depend on two factors.
- The type of product and services your company sells
- What is your target audience
And after knowing which social network contributes the most, it’s time to figure out the most popular social media channel worldwide as of October 2018.
3. Strengthen Customer Relationship through Engagement
Whether it’s an online store or a brick and mortar store, a strong customer relationship is the foundation of any company.
If you don’t engage yourself with your target audience through social media you won’t be able to create a long-lasting relationship between the brands and customers.
This holiday season you need to build your social media strategy that will help in maintaining your customer service resulting in establishing customer loyalty towards your business.
How to create customer engagement on social media channels
- Share videos on Youtube that provides information about your products and services
- Use Instagram stories
- Create enticing Facebook ads that featured products of your website
- Upload eye-catchy images on Pinterest
- By staying active on Twitter and engaging in industry-related conversations
- Post informative articles on Medium and LinkedIn
- Answering questions asked on Quora
The following image shows how you can create engagement on social networks
4. Track your KPIs (Key Performing Indicators)
If you are running a poll or contest or survey, it’s easy to track the performance of each strategy by using social media channels.
You can also track which social media channel contribute the most to increase the conversion of your company.
And according to the conversion rate, you can further decide on which platform you should invest your marketing efforts. Measure the following KPIs.
- Brand Awareness KPIs
- Mentions- Mention number of times the brand come up in social media channels and the number of times it has been shared
- Impressions- Measure the potential users who have received a message
- Reach- Measure the number of users to whom brand has reached
- Engagement KPIs
- Comments- Check how many new comments who have generated for your brand
- Replies- Check whether you have replied to all the comments or not
- Share- Measure how many people have shared your brand products or services on social media
- Build Audience KPIs
- Number of Followers and Likes on the page- Measure how many new followers you have gained and how many people have liked your posts on social channels
- Conversion KPIs
- Link Clicked- Track how many conversions you have gained through the clicked on your social media posts
Also, check the following points
- The response rate on the social media channel
- The number of new leads generated through social media
- The growth rate of interaction between the customers and marketers through social media
- From where the visitors are coming to social media account. Whether they are coming from your website or blog post.
- Track how many site visitors are coming from social media
Refer our blog to know how to convert a lead through social media: Top 11 Lead Conversion Strategies
The above image shows, if you invest in social media you can bring social conversions for your eCommerce business.
5. Rinse & Repeat
The above social media strategies will help both the medium-sized and small businesses to increase their conversion rates. These are the refined marketing strategies. Therefore, you can also term them as the best social media strategies.
If you want your business should rank in Google search engine and to establish awareness towards your business use the above-mentioned strategies again and again. And always remember the five key benefits social media.
6. BONUS – Type of Content you should Generate
a). Generate content that creates scarcity in the mind of the audience
For instance- HALLOWEEN SALE IS COMING SOON!!!
b). Create a blog post on the holiday shopping season
For instance- 7 Strategies to Drive more Holiday Sales with Social Media
11 ideas for Holiday Marketing Campaign
Broom on your online sale with spooky tips this Halloween!
Explore The Ride Of E-Commerce Sales Holiday Season 2018
c). Create video content on your products and services this festive season.
d). Make email content that retargets your lapsed customers this holiday shopping season
For instance- The email to win back old customers can be like the following one
|Woo-hoo!!! The weekend just got better!!! We are providing our old customers with 500 points!!! Come and SHOP NOW your favorite styles are waiting for you on our store.|
The Final Words
Tis the time for the holiday season people like to spend time with their family and friends. But remember it’s also the time when they do online shopping. Therefore, as an eCommerce marketer, it’s your responsibility to make their shopping experience joyous.
One of the ways to achieve this is through social media channels. Therefore, in this blog, I have discussed social media objective that will help the eCommerce marketers to boost their average order value.
If you find this blog informative please like and share.