Passwordless Login With Facebook Account Kit For WordPress
Leaving the older trend of accessing the websites/apps through “User Name + Password”. PasswordLess Login plugin brings the new feature to login/register the websites without the headache of remembering long & confusing passwords.
Users are authenticated through one-time passcodes delivered via SMS or email using Account kit. It helps the users quickly register for apps using just an active phone number or email address – no password is needed.
PasswordLess Login lets the users create numerous accounts on different sites thus, increasing traffic on their websites. It avails the same features to the guest users as well.
- It’s considerably simpler for users. There are no passwords to create or store.
- Hikes website conversion rate.
- Provides better experience to the site users.
- It’s more secure. No passwords are stored and there’s nothing to hack or guess.
- Lets the user avail the PasswordLess login feature.
- Users are authenticated through one-time passcodes delivered via SMS or email.
- No Facebook Account required for login.
- Skips the long registration process.
- Works well for new as well as old users.
- Support for shortcode.
How does it Work?
The PasswordLess login Facebook Account Kit WORDPRESS plugin operates in two methods viz.
- To login/Register a website, the user enters an email address.
- The user receives a link to the entered email address.
- The user is redirected to the required page by clicking on the received link.
- Another way of logging in or registering to some website is by entering the contact number.
- The customer needs to enter the active phone number in the given area.
- Next, the user receives an instant code on the registered number. The user needs to enter this code for a successful login.
How secure is the PasswordLess Login?
Since, With so many accounts online, It is not affordable to remember those tricky passwords for long.
With Passwordless authentication, Users are connected to more devices and have more accounts than ever, which means that the passwordless approach is only growing more convenient for users.
Authentication with link via email
- The user is asked to submit their email address.
- Entering which a referral link is generated which is further mailed to the user.
- When the link is clicked by the user, the server verifies that the referral is valid and exchanges it for a long-lived token, which is stored in the users’ database.
- There will also be checks on the server to ensure that the link was clicked within a certain period, e.g, five minutes.
Authentication with a one-time code via SMS
- The user is asked to enter a valid phone number.
- A unique one-time code is then sent to the phone number which is valid only for some limited time i.e. five minutes.
- Once the user enters this code into their application, the app validates that the code is correct and that the phone number exists and belongs to the user.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- One Time Payment
- Single License (For Lifetime)
- 1 Year Free Updates
- 6 Month Support
|Compatible With||WordPress 4.9.1|
|Compatible Browsers||IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge|
|Minimum PHP version||5.4|
|Released||Dec 10, 2017|