As we all know, Holiday season is standing outside the door. And all the marketers have already started making their strategies to boost the sale. As holiday sale always appear to a customer enticing and fostering.
The Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, and New Year are the biggest sales days, that are packed into a two-month period. The holiday season falls between the month of November and December. In the United States, the Christmas Eve shopping traditionally starts on Black Friday. And all the retailers and online marketers start making a plan for holiday sale in order to compete with other marketers.
According to eMarketer, the sale of 2018 will be strong, but as compared to 2017 it will quit lack behind. The holiday season sale for eCommerce will ascend to 15.3% this year, according to the new forecast of eMarketer’s.
And eMarketer also announced that the expected retail sale of 2018 in the US will soar to 3.8% during this year’s holiday season, a slower pace than last year’s 5.5% gain. And the eCommerce sale will ascend to 17.8% in November and December of this year.
So, it’s become requisite to make holiday marketing strategy and a separate marketing budget to compete with the online marketing companies. In this blog I am going to discuss some of the holiday strategies, that will help your business to drive holiday sales With social media.
Stats info- eMarketer
“Sales are contingent upon the altitude of the salesman-not the altitude of the prospect.”
-W Clement Stone
What is a Social Media Marketing Strategy?
A social media strategy is used to engage, to entice and to foster the audience. The social media platform gives you a clear view of your audience what are their like/dislike and to what kind of content they relate to. Through social media platform, you find your target audiences who are genuinely interested in your product and services. By creating a social media profile, the big and small businesses can increase engagement of the audience. The following image shows the benefits of social media.
Through Social Media Strategies, you can Accomplish
- It can enhance customer service.
- Increasing engagement of the audience is possible through social media platform.
- It ascends online consumers.
- By using social media marketing tool, you can detect your potential customers.
- It creates a sense of awareness towards the brand, products, and services.
- Small or big companies can create holiday season sale to enhance customer service.
- It easy to do ad campaigns for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- You can create holiday campaigns.
- By creating a social media strategy, for holiday season it is easy to increase online sale.
5 pillars of Social Media Marketing Strategies
1. Determine your Goals
Determine you what outcome you want and how will you measure it. Every business has different marketing goals.
The objective of companies could vary from business to business. The goal can be any of the following
- Website Traffic
- Page Growth
- Video Views
- Product Sale
- App Download
2. Target your Customers through a Social Audit
Detect your ideal and loyal customers through a social media platform. To find out your target audience ask the following questions to yourself.
- Who is your target audience?
- Who is your engaged audience?
- What time/day works the best?
- What is your positive and negative point?
3. Use the Content Marketing Strategy
Determine what type of content entices customers towards your company.
- What type of content work the best for your audience?
- Which social media platform you should use to share your content?
- Do you have a marketing budget for it?
- What A/B test you can create to determine the difference between the content?
4. Monitor & Track
Detect how will you measure and track your results with the goals.
- What tools and app do you need to track and test the results?
- How will you measure your content performance?
- You need to evaluate what is working for you and your business.
In last you need to determine the tools you will use to analyze your progress.
- Analyze your progress.
- Collect the data to measure the progress against the goal.
7 Social Media Strategies
Before making a holiday season sale strategy, it’s mandatory to decide which social media platform suits your business the most. So, let’s discuss some of the top social media platforms that can drive holiday season sale.
1. Choose the Best Platforms
As we all know holiday sale is about to start and by creating Facebook ads, it’s easy to drive more holiday sale price for the business. Through Facebook ads, marketers can enhance their holiday sale efficiently and effectively. But for a successful Facebook ad, active participation is needed. Facebook has announced that 5 million businesses are advertising on Facebook in April 2017. This statistic is a proof showing what importance Facebook holds for marketers.
Facebook ads, appear in the news feed of desktop, in the news feed of mobile, and in the right column of Facebook on a desktop. By creating Facebook ads, you can drive traffic, increase sale and revenue, build trust and loyalty of customers.
The conversion rate will help you to understand why marketers are using Facebook ads and why you should also use it.
- The average click-through rate of Facebook ads for all industries is 0.09.
- The average cost per click rate of Facebook ads for all industries is $1.72.
- The average conversion rate of Facebook ads for all industries is 9.21%.
- The average cost per action rate of Facebook ads for all industries is $18.68.
The above conversion rate is a proof, showing that Facebook holds an important place, for driving holiday sale or we say for driving conversions for any industry.
The Facebook ads will be more beneficial if you know the following stuff.
- What is your target audience?
- The images you use are enticing and memorable or not.
- Do you have a good budget to invest?
- How to create holiday-themed facebook ad campaigns?
- Are you creating ads as per your audience interest?
- How will you accompany ads with landing pages?
The above questions will help you to figure out on what areas you need to focus more on driving a sale.
85% of marketers said Twitter, is one of the important social media platforms for providing customer service. Through Twitter, you can increase the engagement of customers, drive more traffic and can enhance the sale for your business. Do you know, 73% of Twitter users in the UK participate in the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale.
According to Twitter, videos get 6x more tweets than images. And Twitter also announced that GIFs get 3x more tweets.
The above statistics will help you can decide why you need to invest in Twitter. This stats will help you to know how Twitter can be beneficial for your business.
But before investing in Twitter ads you should know
- What is your business goal?
- What type of promotional ads do you want to display?
- How much discount do you want to offer in your ads?
- What is your budget?
- What is your target audience?
- How will you measure and track your result with the set goal?
Instagram has become one of the popular social media platforms for advertising brands and spreading awareness about them.
A large number of medium and small business have started using the Instagram platform for enticing users towards their products and services.
The following conversion rates of Instagram will help you to figure out why marketers prefer Instagram and why should you also start using it for your business growth.
- 80% of Instagram users follow at least one brand.
- 60% of Instagram users, said they had discovered a product or service by using Instagram.
- 30% of Instagram users make a purchase.
- Recently Instagram has announced that it has 1 billion active users, therefore, to entice the wide audience towards the products or service becomes easy.
Before investing in Instagram you should know
- How to use Instagram stories?
- You need to know what type of image or video works best on Instagram.
- How to use Instagram product tags?
- How to use Instagram hashtags?
- What type of content you should for bringing a holiday sale?
- How to use Instagram analytics?
- How to run a contest on Instagram?
Pinterest is an ideal platform to reach the target audience at the right time. Do you know 90% audience said, Pinterest gives them recommendations about which product or service they should purchase. There are over 250 million monthly active users of Pinterest in September 2018. And the number of Pinterest users from the US is 125 million. Through Pinterest, you can entice your audience when they are at the searching stage. Therefore Pinterest is also one of the social media platforms you can use for your business to increase the holiday sale.
LinkedIn has 3 million active business profiles. 90% of users trust the recommendations from LinkedIn. Know more about how to drive holiday sale in our blog. Through LinkedIn, it’s easy to drive traffic, sale, and trust of customers.
2. Create Social Media Promotions
According to Word Stream one-third of shoppers said, that the holiday weekend purchase was driven by the promotions.
By providing promotions and discounts to your customers, you can make a long-lasting effect on the customers about your company. That will help you to increase the ROI of your company. Customers will encourage this discounts and promotions to their friends and family by sharing and retweeting on social media platforms. Through which your company can entice more followers and can enhance brand awareness.
3. Advertise Free Holiday Shipping
68% of online shoppers said that they want free shipping even on the purchase of less than $50.
31% of shoppers said that they can wait to make a purchase until the company offers them a free shipping.
There are 3 Ways to offer Free Shipping
1. Free Shipping Threshold
In this offer free shipping to your customers if they purchase something from your store. That is offer free shipping slightly above the order price.
According to statista, 48% of customers add an item to their cart to qualify for free shipping.
2. Link Products for Free Shipping
To increase the sale, you can link products to free shipping. That is a customer can qualify for free shipping if he adds a product to their purchase list.
3. By Creating Reward Programs
Tell your customers about the reward program and its benefits. You can also make an email list of customers to whom you want to provide rewards. That will help you to distinguish between the potential customers and the prospects. In the reward program, tell your customers about the discounts and promo code for free shipping. By creating a reward program, you can foster your customers towards the second purchase, and through this, you can also increase the ROI for your company.
According to statista, 41% of customers searched online for a promo code for free shipping.
46.7% customers said free shipping or other shipping promotions are vital for them before deciding to purchase any product.
4. Use Pictures and Video
Using videos as a part of social media promotion can increase the engagement of customers. According to Twitter, tweets with videos entice 10x more engagement than the tweets without videos. You can create pictures and videos to entice your target audience. Twitter also stated that videos that last for 30 to 90 seconds attract more engagement.
The companies that use pictures and videos can easily stack up to the trust and loyalty of customers. By creating personalized content, for pictures and videos, companies can boost their sale and revenue. According to Forbes, 90% of customers prefer watching a video before purchasing any product or service.
According to Forbes, the conversion rate increases by 80% if companies embed videos in landing pages. To entice more engagement, try to keep your video short, make it informative, use bright colors, and logos, With Instagram stories and Instagram, live you have an opportunity to post your images and videos which will last for the timespan of 24 hours.
5. Create Scarcity
By using scarcity, you can create a fear in the customers that if they don’t purchase the product, it might go out of stock. For creating scarcity, there are various ways such as a timer or in the form of availability of the product.
You can create scarcity like the example given below.
20% off on your favorite style. The sale is about to over in 2 hours so, hurry and buy them for you and for your loved ones.
6. Use Content Marketing
Through content marketing strategy, you can create, publish and promote valuable content to the target audience via several social media platforms. The content you generate should be inspiring, be educating and it must relate to the target audience.
To boost your holiday season sale you can create personalized content on different social networks like Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram, and Twitter. By writing valuable content, it’s easy to drive more traffic and sale for the business. The content marketing strategy will not only help your business to gain the trust of the customers but it can also drive loyal customers. To make the content marketing strategy more effective and emphasizing write content that inspires your customers and to which they can relate to.
The online marketers have started generating more and more content during holiday sale to entice and foster the customers. Through the holiday content, you can inspire your customers towards the purchase of holiday gifts.
Content is just content…unless it’s driving behavior change in your customers and prospects. Then it’s called ” Content Marketing”.
– JOE PULIZZI
7. Email Marketing
Email marketing can help you to reach your target audience directly and to your boost the sale. According to Mailchart’s email marketing can drive 20% of the holiday sale. It is one of the prime thing used by the big and small businesses to drive holiday sale.
And the percentage of emails sent in the weekend with the promotion of holiday season sale also increases. The Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the two most competitive days in the US calendar for driving holiday sale. Therefore, the marketers need to be active and need to boost the percentage of emails during these days. By valuable email content, you can convert your potential leads into sales-ready leads. It’s also easy to add offers in the emails for enticing and fostering the customers.
Some Crucial Conversion Rate of Email
- The emails opened rate on a mobile device is 56%.
- According to Mailchart’s, 40% of emails sent are mobile optimized.
- Approximately 4% of emails sent with a subject line were too long to display on any email client.
- When crafting a subject line, keep them equal to or less than 40 characters.
- As the month of December approaches, the percentage of email sent also increases.
- 60% of marketers add a promotion to their subject line.
- 7% of email promotions include the word earn.
- The retailers increase the frequency of email sent by an average of 50% during the November and December.
- According to Google, 48% of shoppers have completed their holiday shopping before Cyber Monday. 25% of the shoppers started their holiday shopping before Halloween.
- Email open rate increased to 14% by writing a personalized email.
“Email is our prime mode of communication. We rely really heavily on it because whenever I send something out I’ll get a flood of telephone calls.”
– Victor Terrazas
Before Investing in Email Marketing this Year ask the Following Questions to yourself
- What is the percentage of your last year sale using email marketing strategy?
- Do you want more sale than last year?
- What are the points you need to keep in mind before investing in it?
- Is your email list is prepared?
- Are your emails personalized enough that it can stand out in the crowd?
- Do you want to add offers to your emails?
- Is your email marketing strategy good enough for Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
The Final Words
The companies that use social media strategies for driving holiday sale are capable of producing more sales and revenue for their business. In this blog, I have discussed various ways to drive holiday sale using social media strategies. Through these strategies, you can easily drive sale during the two most popular shopping days that is Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you want to know more about Black Friday and Cyber Monday then you should refer our blog Are you ready to go BOOM this BFCM and ring the bell in 2018?.
Share your comments if you find this post informative.